Foundations | These are the things that ground us
Mission: why do we exist?
NZUSA exists to fight for a barrier-free education for all
Values: what drives us?
We take our place as leaders of the student movement, and strive to be representative, democratic and to speak authoritatively when we are mandated to do so
We are a collective voice based on collaboration and partnership, while recognising that students are experts of their own lived experiences, we act in solidarity with them
We behave as family and acknowledge that we are all connected by our whakapapa of student representation
We are supportive, take an intersectional approach, and seek to make visible and address the various privileges and oppressions, to build a movement that is more just, inclusive and coherent
Aspirations | This is what success looks like
Vision: where do we want to be?
To be an influential and inclusive national voice for students
Goals: what does it look like?
- Trusted partner with a radical edge
- A hub for supporting student representatives and their organisations
- A representative voice that is rich in diversity
- Delivering tangible improvements to students’ lives
- An authority on students in the eyes of society and students themselves
Objectives: how do we get there?
- Engagement Build systems & capability to engage directly with students from all walks of life
- Democracy Have democratic systems that allow for students of all demographics to participate
- Campaigns Develop locally-driven, evidence-based campaigns that make a difference
- Student Voice Build a National Centre for Student Voice
- Communication Measure & report internally & publicly on what we do